Speech therapy or speech and language pathology is a science that evaluates, diagnose and treats all kinds of speech and language disorders and its goal is to help people with these problems:
- A) help people with disorders of articulation. So they can learn articulation properly.
- B) help patients who have impaired speech or had throat surgery for different reasons and doesn’t have normal face.
- C) help patients who are aphasia due to brain damages (these patients have no power to speak or speak in irrelevant way)
- D) to assist the hearing impaired to have verbal communication.
- E) contribute to a wide range of mental retardation for verbal communication.
- F) helping patients with swallowing disorders (eating).